At OpenSlate, we rate and measure content across the world’s largest video platforms and partner with leading global advertisers across Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and more.
The Director of Product Strategy at OpenSlate performs the crucial role of identifying customer needs and market trends, translating these insights into products that customers love, and ultimately driving commercial and strategic success for the business. This person works to understand larger market trends within the advertising and marketing industries, connects with customers directly and through collecting feedback from internal stakeholders, to understand the needs and wants that drive our customer’s businesses today and in the future.
This role requires a personality that is both outgoing and inquisitive, with the ability to see business challenges through the eyes of a customer, and transform that into material product strategies and successful product launches. Technical understanding of the advertising technology industry, particularly in the field of targeting and measurement, is a crucial component to the role, as is an understanding of the strategic and tactical elements that inform advertising buying behaviors.
The Director of Product Strategy reports to the Chief Product Officer, and is their crucial partner in both establishing and evangelizing the OpenSlate product vision, resulting in informing how OpenSlate products are built to solve important problems for our brand and agency customers.
- Market Research – Collect and centralize feedback from customers and research the market in general, through internal and external interviews, in-marketing presence, and conducting 3rd party research, to better understand OpenSlate’s customer’s needs in the service of informing our product roadmap and in-market positioning.
- Product Prioritization – Building customer value based rationales that translate into product development solutions for customer needs, enabling prioritization of product and engineering resources. Collaboration with product management to build quarterly planning workflows, and participate in planning research, documentation, and decision making.
- Voice of the Customer – Collaborating with sales and marketing teams to represent the needs of the customer, enabling informed objection handling and value-based product narratives.
- Customer Advisory – Establish a customer advisory group that will allow OpenSlate product and engineering teams access to crucial feedback and direction in a timely and focused manner.
- Commercialization – Building a commercial product lifecycle, that informs all stages of a product from pre-release to launch. This includes pre-launch test and feedback procedures, product pricing, competitive analysis, and evaluation of the commercial success of our existing products.
- Product Evangelism – Representing the OpenSlate product vision and roadmap in market, ensuring that customers and partners are informed of the road ahead and its relevance to their needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of product management, product marketing, and/or product strategy experience.
- Understanding of the Ad Tech ecosystem and the entities that are utilized by advertising agencies and brand marketers, including brand safety and contextual solutions, advertising measurement, walled-garden advertising practices, CTV and digital video ecosystems, and ad delivery platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to understand products deeply and articulate into client value.
- Demonstrated track record of client interactions, including presentations, exploratory working groups, and management of product launches.
- Strong client-facing communication, relationship management skills, executive presence, and verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, gain alignment across internal functions and teams, and be flexible within a fast-paced startup environment.
- Preferred location: US, remote work is OK.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.