OpenSlate is currently hiring a Senior Product Manager to help us grow our customer facing product line and expand the capabilities of our internal platform. By joining our product team, you’ll have the opportunity to use data from the world’s largest social media companies to build best-in-class campaign management solutions for OpenSlate’s customer base of premium advertisers.
OpenSlate analyzes billions of data points every day to help the world’s largest advertisers find the best video content on social media. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be helping to direct advertising dollars to quality, brand safe content on YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter and other major platforms. You will work closely with OpenSlate’s Client Success, Marketing, Design and Engineering teams on all phases of the product life cycle, including:
- Market opportunity sizing
- Customer research
- Rapid prototyping and alpha testing
- Functional specifications
- Design and development
- Beta testing
- Quality assurance
- Product documentation & training
- Go-to-market planning
- Release management
- Performance measurement
What You’ll do
- Work with business development, client success and sales teams to identify and size new market opportunities, using prototypes and early stage alphas as necessary to test hypotheses
- Manage and maintain a product roadmap that aligns with strategic business objectives
- Establish and socialize best practices around utilization of OpenSlate products
- Run beta pilot programs to field test application in advance of launch planning
- Establish delivery timelines in close collaboration with the project management team
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built
- Produce and maintain specifications, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts as required by the engineering team to successfully deliver new products and features
- Produce and maintain product documentation and training materials
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define KPIs and devise measurement strategies to monitor performance
- Work directly with the partner management team, platform partners, and advertisers to lead joint projects
- Keep on top of the competitive landscape and develop effective strategies to differentiate OpenSlate’s product offerings
- Work closely with the marketing team on go-to-market messaging and strategy
- Continuously analyze usage patterns and performance data to improve in-market products
- Regularly present product ideas and roadmap to senior management and top tier clients
- 5+ years experience building web-based applications for desktop and mobile platforms
- Demonstrated experience aligning and influencing cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills and a proactive communication style
- Proven track record of creating data-centric products
- Strong analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly test and iterate product ideas to find market fit
- Sound product/project management skills and ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Able to cope with ambiguity and maintain focus on strategic objectives
- Familiarity with Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Prior ad tech or media agency experience
Benefits at OpenSlate
- Flexible remote work: Our headquarters are based in New York city and if you want to work from home or an office that’s your choice. Talent, commitment and teamwork are more important than geography.
- Learning opportunities: We support growth and learning at OpenSlate. All our people receive an annual learning stipend for self directed learning and we encourage our engineers to take advantage of conferences, meet ups and continued education.
- Equity: We want our people to be invested in our success and have ownership in our company
- Time to recharge: We have flexible PTO, Monthly Wellness Days and Volunteer Time Off programs. We also close our company for a week during the Winter holiday season. We understand how important balance and the ability to step away is in order to be our best selves at work and home.
- Medical, dental and vision, 401k, paid parental leave: YES!
OpenSlate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.